Concordia Children's Services
Special announcement: Concordia Children's Services is proud to be in our new facility, after being in a temporary facility since 2007. It took lots of repairs, but now is nearly finished and we were able to move in to the new facility in late October 2013. You can see the renovation progress. The new facility is better suited to providing care for our children. We celebrated with a special dedication on December 6, 2013 at 9:00 am.
Concordia's goals are to provide:
- quality temporary care to abandoned or neglected children until they are placed in permanent homes.
- social workers to work with mothers and families of abandoned children so they can return to their natural family or be placed in a permanent, stable and loving home.
- protection for vulnerable children from the dangers of the street
- understanding workers and needed scarce resources for street and urban poor children to grow up with dignity and accountability.
- quality services by ensuring staff development, recruitment of volunteers and finding caring supporters to assist the children.
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14 (NIV)